If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect anonymized information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including email addresses
- Demographic information, such as general location
- Website usage data
- Information specifically relevant to client inquiries
How We Use This Data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Web Goddess, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To reply to specific comments you leave on our blog
- To send you promotional emails about products, services and offers that may interest you if you have opted-in to receive our newsletter
Under GDPR you have the right to request a summary of all data we hold on you and/or to request that this information is deleted. Please email your request to email@example.com and your message will be acknowledged and replied to within 5 working days.
You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any of our newsletters.
Cookies & How We Use Them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package – this website uses Google Analytics to aggregate usage data to help us improve the website structure, design, content and features.
- Recognise you when you return to our website – to remember your preferences when returning to our site so you are not shown the email signup pop-up on return visits if you have previously dismissed this message.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
We are currently looking at a way that you can decline cookies directly from our website, but this is currently excessively expensive when we only take data for the purposes of analyzing traffic.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you agree for us to contact you in line with the information you give.
This is limited to:
- Contact Form – we will contact you via the email address that you give us on our contact form with information relating to your specific inquiry.
- Email Subscription – when you opt-in to receive our newsletter your details will be added to our mailing database and will only be used for this purpose. You can easily opt-out of future mailings by unsubscribing at the bottom of any email.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored securely and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where there is a breach of data security, we will notify the ICO within 72 hours as per GDPR guidelines. We will also notify you via email if this includes your personal details.
Links from our site
Our website contains links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites other than our own Web Goddess site. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Please read the site’s privacy policies in full to ensure they treat your personal data with the same respect as we do.
We use MailerLite for our newsletters and have signed a Customer EU Data Processing Addendum to confirm that both Web Goddess and MailerLite agree to abide by GDPR. Your details will only every be added to our MailerLite newsletter if you opt-in. We do not add your details under any circumstances and you are able to change or delete your subscription at any time.