How often do you update your website?? Once a week, once a month, once a year – even less?!
Remember that your website is open to the public 24/7 and so many people now make up their minds about your business, product or service based on your website and without even speaking to you! So, if you’re not updating your site regularly and it doesn’t reflect who you really are, then you are losing business. Simple.
Here’s my checklist for keeping your website looking fantastic & bringing in business:
- Write, publish and share a blog post (weekly or fortnightly)
- Ensure that any contact forms on your website work correctly
- Check prices and stock levels if you have a shop
- Update your calendar (if you have one) to ensure that only upcoming events show
- Review website statistics – what are your most popular search terms and keywords?
- Visit your site from different devices (such as a PC, mobile and tablet) to check that content loads consistently and easily on each
- Send a marketing/update email to your client list
- Check your site for broken links
- Look at your design/images/colours/logos and change if necessary
- Create a strategy and plan for the coming 12 months
- Get a colleague to read through the entire website to check for errors and flow
- Improve automation (forms, links, email capture)
There are many more checks that you can add to these lists and you could even have a quarterly list as well, but the idea is not to set yourself so many tasks that you do none at all…
So, have a go at these and see what difference spending a few minutes every week or every month on your website makes to your business.